Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Posted on: November 11, 2019
*This role can be based anywhere in the United States.
Are you motivated by an incredible sense of purpose in doing work
that helps keep people safe and business running daily, with
results that regularly make headlines* Are you passionate about
innovating on the industry s cutting edge to develop solid
architecture principles, operability guidelines, progressive
scaling methodologies, and other sophisticated techniques to
reliably operate critical technology infrastructure at scale*
WHAT YOU\'LL DO:
* Keep people safe and businesses running.
* Own operational availability, security, scalability, efficiency,
monitoring, instrumentation, and overall service reliability of
* Collaborate across Agile teams with Architects, Developers,
Quality, Data, Security, and other Operations engineers on
designing and implementing highly reliable solutions.
* Embrace Site Reliability Engineering principles of proactivity,
automation, cross-functional collaboration, data-driven decision
making, and fast+safe failing to continually improve our technology
* Enhance our infrastructure, tooling, and processes to extend
operability as a self-service function for other groups in the
engineering value stream.
* Participate in a rotating on-call schedule to troubleshoot and
resolve production escalations from our 24x7x365 NOC.
* Have fun while we work hard to make a difference.
WHAT YOU\'LL BRING:
* Previous experience contributing in a production Site
Reliability, DevOps, or SaaS/Technical Operations
* Application virtualization, containerization, and
service-oriented-architecture technologies (Nomad and/or rest of
HashiCorp suite, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, CoreOS/rkt)
* Dedicated commitment to technical excellence and quality customer
* Ability to write code in at least one programming language (e.g.
Python, Perl, Java, Ruby, Go)
* Comfort using Git for practical configuration data and code
* Network architecture and operation with an emphasis on:
application load balancing at local and global scales (F5 BIG-IP
LTM/GTM, ELB/Route 53), IPv4 routing and dynamic routing protocols
(OSPF, BGP), IPsec VPN, and network security best practices
* Automation framework orchestration, configuration management, and
software-defined infrastructure management techniques (SaltStack
preferred, others e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc. also
* Large scale production UNIX/Linux operating system, application,
and security maintenance in an online service provider environment
(Ubuntu and Debian GNU/Linux preferred)
* US Citizenship and ability to pass a Federal drug screening
* Infrastructure/application monitoring and alerting solutions
(Datadog, Elastic BELK/X-Pack, Prometheus, Nagios, Cacti,
Graphite/Grafana, InfluxDB, OpenTSDB, Splunk, Graylog, etc.)
* Experience working with RDBMS, NoSQL, and hybrid data tier
platforms (MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Postgres, MySQL, Riak,
Cassandra, HBase, etc.)
* SEIM, HIDS/NIDS, and related infrastructure tooling required to
maintain positive control over security
* Practical knowledge of BGP traffic engineering, DDoS mitigation,
and active threat defense techniques
* Continuous integration and deployment/delivery pipelines in a
release engineering context
* Performance measurement and tuning methodology for capacity
planning and bottleneck hunting
At Everbridge, we have a mission that matters TO KEEP PEOPLE SAFE
AND BUSINESSES RUNNING during critical events. Our Bridgers join
Everbridge to make a positive impact on the world through their
work. The core of our company culture is built around making a
difference. Our people are dedicated to solving problems during
difficult times and challenging situations as our software was
built to save lives.
We are a rapidly growing organization transforming the field of
critical event management and need passionate, committed and
determined individuals to help us carry out our mission. Our
environment is dynamic, and our culture is constantly evolving and
expanding in order to provide the best employee experience.
CLICK HERE to learn more about what we do. Passionate about our
mission* Want to #BeTheBridge* Apply to be a part of our team
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including
sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin,
disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: EverBridge, Pasadena , Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Professions , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!