Senior Tax Analyst
Company: Parsons Corp.
Posted on: November 11, 2019
SENIOR TAX ANALYST
Parsons delivers innovative solutions around the globe that make
the world safer, healthier, and more connected. As a digitally
enabled solutions provider we are focused on the defense,
intelligence, and critical infrastructure markets. Parsons is
uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security,
technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative
services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as
well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Are you well experienced Tax Analyst? Do you consider yourself an
expert in U.S. and international tax compliance? Do you have strong
experience with tax provisions? If so, Parsons wants to hear from
you as we seek a Sr. Tax Analyst to join our team. The selected Sr.
Tax Analyst will focus on tax provisions, tax returns, audits,
research, forecasting and analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Preparation and review of the quarterly and year-end global tax
provision under ASC 740
* Initiate and execute the overall process to forecast the company
s effective tax rate and global cash tax payments for annual and
strategic planning purposes as well as quarterly forecasts.
Coordinate inputs from stakeholders. Understand completed models
and factors driving results.
* Collaborate across the tax organization to understand and model
changes in tax laws, corporate structure, and accounting rules and
their effect on the company s effective tax rate and cash tax
* Responsible for the timely preparation of the US international
tax return(s) and completing work papers with detailed support and
documentation to allow for audit readiness, including the
preparation of data and relevant calculations for Forms 1118,
5471s, 8858s, 8865s and other International Tax Reform forms.
* Prepares and files federal, state, and local tax returns and
forms as assigned. Ensures compliance with all tax regulations. May
negotiate with tax officials to receive favorable resolution of tax
* Prepares and assists with negotiating claims for tax refunds.
* Assist with SOX compliance
* Performs detailed analysis of book to tax differences and
understand the technical merits of the differences
* Researches current literature, recent court decisions, existing
law and regulations, and proposed and actual changes in tax law and
regulations; analyzes data and makes recommendations to management
for ways to reduce Corporate tax liability and reduce tax
* Uses tax research software to research and resolve tax
* Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting (or related field), CPA a
* At least 6+ years of relevant experience implementing corporate
tax strategy within a large, multinational corporation including at
least 2 years with a Public Accounting firm. Such experience should
also include preparation of Federal and state income taxes for a
multi-state international corporation.
* Knowledge and experience with ASC 740 accounting for income
* Excellent computer skills with knowledge of all Microsoft Office
applications, advanced excel knowledge preferred.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
* Hard working, quick learner with a positive can do attitude.
* Able to work as part of a team and under pressure, handle
multiple tasks and meet required deadlines.
* Experience with OneSource tax software highly desirable.
Ready for action? We re looking for the kind of people who see this
opportunity and don t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the
world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a
broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling
some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to
diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected
Keywords: Parsons Corp., Pasadena , Senior Tax Analyst, Professions , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!