Company: Acco Engineered Systems
Posted on: November 11, 2019
We are looking for a Project Engineer to join our Pasadena
Why join ACCO* ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest
mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and
builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more
than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design,
fabrication, installation, maintenance and service of commercial
and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and
building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or
high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital,
semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing
plant ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical
system to meet your needs
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our
customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San
Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years,
we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for
talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check
out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
Reporting directly to the Division Manager, with indirect
supervision and daily instruction from assigned Project Manager,
this position is responsible for the coordination of all technical
activities on assigned projects. This position assists with
planning and scheduling of assigned engineering work; monitors work
for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices,
and ACCO standards; ensures effective communication and
coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all
other project team members, including external customers and
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE*
* Surveying existing buildings (for retrofits), identifying
opportunities for improvement, and gathering necessary data
regarding energy use, building functions, and structural
* Completing preliminary designs, proposal data, and costs.
* Collaborating with our Purchasing Department regarding price,
delivery, and other specs for purchased items.
* Coordinating installation procedures among Engineering,
Construction, and other stakeholders.
* Supervising jobs on site as required, including leveraging your
design expertise in a hands-on capacity to solve emergent
* Assisting in writing letters, memos, contracts, change orders,
and other documents related to the project.
* Providing the customer with project information.
* Other duties as directed by partnering Project Managers, Sales
Management, or Engineering leadership.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE*
* BS in Engineering; Mechanical concentration strongly
* 5+ years experience in estimating, design, and prosecution of
HVAC projects, ideally including some field/construction site
* High sense of integrity
* Solid organizational and time-management abilities
* Excellent oral and written business communication skills,
including the ability to listen proactively
(The physical demands described herein are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, use hands to operate computer keyboard
and telephone, talk and hear.
* The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms
and at times reach above shoulder height to access storage
cabinets. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk,
climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl (for purposes
of filling photocopier/printers).
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision and distance vision.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
* Regular and routine attendance.
WHAT S IN IT FOR YOU*
* Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment of
skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering,
project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who
collaborate together and make ACCO Engineered Systems an engaging
place to work.
* Competitive Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision,
401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
* ESOP Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from
us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
* Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and
* Professional Development Programs Educational reimbursements,
Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth
ACCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are
encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. - Pay Transparency
ACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for
At this time, ACCO is unable to provide visa sponsorship.
ACCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/V/D. We proudly hire
U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to
apply.\n\nEqual Employment Opportunity is The Law. - Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.\nACCO will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
Keywords: Acco Engineered Systems, Pasadena , Project Engineer, Professions , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!