Audience Services Representative
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute
that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most
innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We
thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are
passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse
Caltech community.Job SummaryUnder direct supervision of the
auditorium house manager, assists with audience services and
front-of-house operations during Caltech public events. This is an
occasional position, work hours and days may vary. There are
- Greet patrons and assist them to their seats.
- Distribute programs to patrons, including preparation of insert
materials, if any, and sorting unused programs.
- Set up and remove auditorium ropes, equipment, and
- Assist with sales of refreshments and/or souvenir items outside
the auditorium. May include pushing and/or pulling rolling
- Perform work in accordance to Institute and regulatory agencies
(e.g. OSHA) safety standards and practices.
- Other duties as assigned.Basic Qualifications
- Ablility to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to bend in all directions, squeeze with arms and hands,
climb stairs, and work outdoors in all kinds of weather.
- Ability to push and pull rolling items (e.g. carts).Skills,
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Must possess good verbal communication and interpersonal
- Must present an attitude of attentiveness, courtesy, and
professionalism when dealing with patrons and other staff
- Resume Hiring Range $17.00 - $18.25 per hour
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set
based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to,
internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
As one of the largest employers in Pasadena, CA, Caltech is
committed to providing comprehensive benefits to eligible employees
and their eligible dependents. Our benefits package includes
competitive compensation, health, dental, and vision insurance,
retirement savings plans, generous paid time off (vacation,
holidays, sick time, parental leave, bereavement, etc.), tuition
reimbursement, and more. Non-benefit eligible employees will have
access to some benefits such as onsite counseling and sick time.
Learn more about our benefits and staff perks . - EEO Statement We
are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.If you would like to request
an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or
otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please
direct your inquiries to Caltech Recruiting at
email@example.com . -
Keywords: Caltech, Pasadena , Audience Services Representative, Sales , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!